Halloween is everyone’s favorite time of year … the season of apple candy and pumpkin pie! Who is with us We wanted to showcase our all-time favorite Halloween treat … talk about savory and sweet in one bite! Famous chef Giada de Laurentiis shared with us our Chocolate Caramel Apple dessert and we wanted to pass on the delicious recipe!
Caramel And Chocolate Candy Apples
This delicious treat is sure to be a hit at your Halloween party … for kids and adults alike! You can garnish apples with any side dish, and the apple at least makes it a little healthy, right? You will thank us later when your guests leave with full bellies and big smiles on their faces!
Level: easy Total duration: 5 h 20 min Preparation time 10 min. Inactive: 5 h Cooking: 10 min Yield: 6 servings
- Vegetable oil spray for cooking
- 6 small apples, washed and dried, stalked
- 2 sachets (9.5 oz.) Soft toffee, unpacked (recommended: Kraft Classic Caramels)
- 1/4 cup orange juice without pulp
- 1 4-ounce bar of 53% dark cocoa chocolate, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (Recommended: Nestlé Chocolatier)
- Assorted sweets, chopped nuts and nuggets
* Special equipment: 6 handmade or thick wooden sticks *
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with vegetable oil spray. Insert the sticks in the middle of the ends of the apples. 2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix the caramels and orange juice. Cook, while stirring, until the candies melts and the mixture is smooth, for 10 minutes. Let it cool down for two minutes. Dip the apples in the caramel until covered and place them on the parchment paper for about 2 hours until they are set. 3. Place the chocolate in a medium-sized bowl and transfer it to a saucepan of boiling water. Turn it over until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Using a fork, pour the melted chocolate over the caramel. Place the apples back on the parchment paper for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with small candies, chopped nuts or crumble and let the chocolate harden at room temperature for about 3 to 4 hours. 4. Smile and enjoy!