Are you planning to cook a nice dinner soon? Maybe you’re going to a friend’s house and need to bring dessert? In any case, you are covered. This fantastic chocolate cake will surprise your friends! Not only is it incredibly tasty, but it’s also not very difficult to make. Once you serve this delicious homemade chocolate cake, neither you nor your friends can think of any other cake, we guarantee it. Even if you don’t consider yourself a good baker or cook, this recipe is perfect to follow. As long as the measurements are correct and you schedule everything, there is nothing wrong with that. So what are you waiting for? Cook!
What will you need
- 1 1/2 cup (300 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (110 g) packaged light brown sugar
- 70 g unsweetened cocoa powder (customer-specific spoon and level)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (235 ml) boiling water
- 175 ml of vegetable oil or rapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup (56 g) unsalted melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups (256g) all-purpose flour (custom spoon and level)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (116 g)
- 1/3 cup of milk (80 ml)
How To Make It
1. First, the oven needs to be preheated to 350 degrees (175 degrees C). Before lining the bottom with a piece of round parchment paper, grease two 9-inch round cake tins. Butter the parchment paper too. If you want flatter cakes, wrap the cake pans in baking strips soaked in water and completely saturated. Or you can cut off the top to make it level after cooking.
2. Get a large heat-resistant bowl. Whisk granulated sugar, light brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together. Carefully pour hot water into the cocoa mixture. Immediately beat the mixture to mix well. then allow it cool down for 5 minutes.
3. Use a slow electric mixer to add the vegetable oil and melted butter until combined. Then add the eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla extract before mixing again until well blended. After that, add the flour and mix everything until you get a homogeneous mixture. Finally, work in milk and sour cream until everything is well mixed.
4. Once you have prepared the mixture, divide it evenly across the 2 shapes you prepared. Bake the cakes in the preheated oven until a toothpick in the center of the cake is completely clean. In total, it takes between 29 and 34 minutes. Let the cakes cool in the bowls for 5 minutes after taking them out of the oven. Before removing them from the pans, run a butter knife around the edge of the cake to make sure it pops out. Turn the cakes on a wire rack and let them cool completely.
5. If desired, level the cakes. Add your favorite icing to a layer of cake before decorating with the second cake. Next, freeze the top and sides of the cake. and Store it in an airtight container.