Vacations are always great fun, you can see your family and friends, eat delicious food, and hang out with loved ones. Christmas dinners are always fun and enjoyable, and bringing the cake with you is a good gesture. Making a dessert seems like a huge challenge, but this dessert is so simple and easy to make that it will become your favorite. Of course we’re talking about the classic chocolate cake. This classic dessert is undoubtedly an all-time favorite. Whether you’re taking it to a Christmas party or a Christmas dinner, everyone will love it!
- 4 oz. bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups of ultra fine sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- (optional) 1/4 tsp. Espresso powder
- 1 fully precooked 9 inch cake cake
- 3 cups of whipped cream
- 1 chocolate bar, chopped, shaved or melted into chocolate rolls
1. In a microwaveable bowl, heat the chocolate every 20 seconds while stirring until it is completely melted. Let it cool for about 10 minutes until it is room temperature.
2. In a bowl of an electric mixer, use the scoop attachment and mix the sugar and butter on medium to high speed. Keep stirring until it becomes loose. This should take a minute or 2 minutes.
3. Once the chocolate has cooled, gradually add it to the butter and sugar mixture.
4. Add the espresso powder and beat on medium speed until everything blends.
5. Add vanilla and mix until well combined with the mixture.
6. Beat, add an egg and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes. Repeat for the remaining 3 eggs, beating the mixture for 5 minutes after each egg is added. This should take 20 minutes.
7. Pour the filling into the bottom of the cake and smooth the top with a spatula to make sure the batter is evenly distributed.
8. Store in the refrigerator for 2 hours at least.
9. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips.
10. Serve and enjoy!
- This cake contains raw eggs.