Raw Cranberry Morse (Морс)
Walrus is a traditional Russian drink made from berries, honey or sugar and water. It can be served cold on hot summer days and is also suitable for combating diseases in winter. Some benefits include colon cancer and cold prevention, fever reduction, mood improvement, digestion, and improved kidney health. It contains few ingredients and is easy to make at home.
- 700 grams of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of sugar or 4-5 tablespoons of agave or maple syrup
- 3 liters of water
- If you are using frozen berries, let them thaw at room temperature.
- Put the blueberries in a blender and stir until smooth. Use a colander to remove any excess liquid and set aside. You will add it later.
- Put the filtered berries in a large saucepan and add the water.
- Let it cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the candy (sugar, honey or agave) to the mixture and cook until it has dissolved. Let the mixture cool and add the juice that has separated.