Tacos are a perfect dish for lunch and dinner, no one can deny it. We do have something more sophisticated on the menu than just beef tacos, however; We bring you the Chipotle Chicken Tacos. It’s a much healthier alternative! Chicken is high in protein, while tomato puree contains lycopene, an antioxidant that reduces the risk of stroke or cardiovascular disease. So let’s go, okay? These tacos don’t make themselves!
Chipotle Chicken Tacos
Don’t worry, you can always pair these tacos with a chilled Mexican beer. Activity time: 40 minutes ” Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes ” Makes: 6 servings
- Two tablespoons of good virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 14 ounce can of tomato paste
- 1 sprig of oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 1/2 pounds of whole skinless chicken thighs
- Twelve 5 inch flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons of distilled white vinegar
- kosher salt and pepper
- Coriander, lime wedges and chopped onions for serving
1. Heat the oil in a large enamelled cast iron saucepan. Add onion, garlic, cumin and coriander. Cook on low heat until the onion are soft. Add the broth, tomato paste, oregano and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Add the chicken, partially cover, and cook until cooked for about 35 to 40 minutes.
2. During this time, preheat the oven to 400 °. Fold the tortillas in half in batches, then place them between the cups of an inverted muffin pan to shape the shells. Bake until crispy or for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken from the sauce and mince the meat. Put the meat back into the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the bay leaves and the oregano sprig. Add the vinegar and add salt and pepper. Serve in the tacos and add the coriander, lime and onion.