Soup is more of a staple food when the winter months arrive. And it’s all natural. It’s a delicious and easy way to warm up from head to toe. Plus, you can easily skin a couple of pods with no additional guilt! But if you’re tired of the same chicken noodle soup, we have the perfect recipe for you! Try this creamy sweet potato and vegetable soup when preparing your next family dinner.
One of the reasons we chose sweet potato soup is because of all of its benefits. Sweet potatoes are a perfect source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, manganese, copper and pantothenic acid. They are also loaded with potassium, fiber, vitamin B1, vitamin B2 and phosphorus. Everything you want in a hearty soup!
Zucchini contains vitamin A, magnesium, folic acid, potassium, copper, and phosphorus (all of which have their own benefits). Broccoli is also an excellent source of vitamins K and C, folic acid, and the little green tree is also a source of potassium and fiber.
We have mentioned vitamin C here several times before, but let’s talk about these benefits – there are many! Vitamin C helps build collagen, which then forms body tissue and bones, and also helps in healing cuts and wounds. After all, vitamin C is a powerful and beneficial antioxidant and protects the body from free radical damage.
Okay, enough health benefits, let’s have the recipe!
Creamy Sweet Potato Vegetable Soup:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 bunch of chopped broccoli
- 2 cartons of chicken broth
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon of celery seeds
- 1 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 cups and half of cream
1. In a saucepan, fry the onion in the butter until it is translucent but not golden.
2. Add sweet potatoes, zucchini and broccoli; then sauté gently for 5 minutes or until crispy.
3. Add the broth; Let simmer for a few minutes over low heat.
4. add potatoes and spices; then cook for another 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Add the cream and heat.
6. Heat up and enjoy your delicious soup!