If you’re looking to try a new healthy and deliciously satisfying recipe, this is for you. Butternut squash is an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, and potassium. It has become a fan favorite over the years due to its slightly sweet, slightly nutty, and buttery taste. This is a great option when you have a lovely dinner or even Thanksgiving dinner and want to make a delicious side dish other than potatoes. Not to mention that this recipe is so easy to make! We guarantee that everyone who sees and tries this dish will be impressed and appreciate every bite.
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of fresh sage, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh garlic
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 18 x 13 inch cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. You can smear the oil with a kitchen brush if you don’t have a spray bottle or if you don’t want to use it. Sprinkle just a little on the floor and use the brush to spread it evenly. Make sure the bowl is covered.
2. Spread the butternut squash cubes evenly on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with rosemary, thyme, sage, salt and pepper.
3. Mix the pieces to coat them all evenly and arrange them in a single layer.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the garlic and add it. Mix the pieces again with a metal spatula.
5. Return to the oven and cook until the pieces are tender inside. It will take another 10-20 minutes.
6. If you want the squash to brown more, bring the grill closer to the grill and cook the squash for 1-3 minutes. Just be sure to keep an eye on them as they can turn brown quickly.
7. Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot!