Eating healthy can be a daunting task for most of us. When it comes to preparation and planning, it can get overwhelming and stressful and most of the time it makes us give up. To make things a little easier (and more delicious), we have a delicious and super-easy recipe for a great, healthy, and versatile snack: Roasted Chickpeas. Chickpeas are an extremely healthy food: they are high in protein and iron, as well as vitamin A! So next time you want a salty and crispy snack instead of grabbing a bag of fries or Doritos, these are the ones you should go for. You can prepare them in bulk and store them for several days at a time. They’re also a great side dish for a salad to add a little more crunch and flavor! Trust us when we say they are absolutely delicious and the perfect everyday snack. Read on to find out how to make this delicious snack. Once you try, you won’t even run out of chips!
What Do I Need?
This part is easy. All you need is:
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons of divided olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder.
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika.
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Salt to taste.
How Do I Make Them?
- Place all of the drained chickpeas between two paper towels on a baking sheet. Let dry for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the chickpeas, spices and olive oil in a bowl. Mix all the chickpeas evenly.
- Place the parchment paper on a baking sheet and spread the chickpeas in a layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Let them cool down a bit and enjoy!